About PCC


Pamlico Community College does not discriminate in its educational programs, activities, admission, or employment on the basis of sex, age, disability, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation or religion. Title IX and U.S. Department of Education regulations require that the College not discriminate on the basis of sex.

For information about Title IX for employees, contact Mrs. Lee Tillman, HR Director/Vice President of Financial Services, at ltillman@pamlicocc.edu or 252-249-1851 ext. 3003. For Section 504 information and Title IX for students, contact Mr. Jamie D. Gibbs, Vice President of Student Services, at  jgibbs@pamlicocc.edu or 252-249-1851 ext. 3021.

Who are we?

Since its founding, tens of thousands of students have benefited from the individual, personalized attention the college provides to its students.

The college began as an industrial education center in 1962. Since then PCC has grown to become a fully accredited two year community college with programs in varied disciplines in Academic programs, Continuing Education programs, and Cultural Enrichment programs.

A contract program with East Carolina University enables students in appropriate programs to transfer on for a four-year education.

History of PCC
• 1962 A branch of Lenoir County Industrial Education Center officially begins at Bayboro, NC, serving Pamlico County in continuing education courses.
• 1963 A director (later to be named president), Paul Johnson is hired; auto mechanics, masonry and other curriculums are added.
• 1967 The Pamlico branch of the Lenoir IEC becomes Pamlico Technical Institute.
• 1967 PTI moves from Bayboro to Alliance, rebuilding a demolished school building to provide more space and a learning lab.
• 1971 Initial accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools is granted, and the Institute becomes Pamlico Technical College.
• 1976 PTC moves to its new campus on Highway 306 South to accommodate its growing services to the community.
• 1982 PTC is reaccredited for ten more years.
• 1985 Contract with East Carolina University expands opportunities for transfer.
• 1987 The Technical College becomes Pamlico Community College.
• 1988 President of 25 years, Paul Johnson, retires, and Dr. E. Douglas Kearney, Jr. hired.
• 1992 PCC is reaccredited for ten more years.
• 1994 New programs are approved and labs expand.
• 1998 New building begins to change the landscape.
• 1999 The new building is completed, expanding the college's classroom and office space. President Kearney retires, and Dr. F. Marion Altman, Jr. is hired as the third President of Pamlico Community College.
• 2000 Leland Brinson and Paul Johnson Buildings are dedicated.
• 2001 Bayboro satellite facility is established to provide instructional services for high school students. This facility houses the counselors of the Small Business Center and the directors of Human Resources Development.
• 2003 Dedication of the Cosmetology Arts Facility in Bayboro, NC.
• 2008 Dedication of the Ned Everett Delamar Center.
• 2009 President Altman retires after 10 years and Dr. Cleve H. Cox is hired as the fourth President of Pamlico Community College.
• 2015 Dr. Cleve Cox passes away. A nationwide search is conducted to hire his replacement.
• 2016 Dr. Jim Ross is hired as the fifth President of Pamlico Community College.
Skip to content